Fast Food Fast Journal


It's in the mail.

Well, it took a while, but finally the first wave of mail is in the postal system headed to people's homes (maybe even yours.) And while it has been a thing of prayer and I believe inspiration, I've found myself a bit shaken by having gotten this far.

I think it's a combination of things that has unsettled me. Part of it is just how much I realize this project is bigger than I am. It's been an idea that has taken hold of me, not the other way around. I get the occasional "what were you thinking!" going on in my head. The question is usually answered by some other part of my brain with, "It wasn't ALL my idea." It's been a God thing he's asked me to do regardless of how many people join in.

I've been reading The Barbarian Way by Erwin McManus, where he describes following Christ as something that isn't civilized, neat and tidy. It's risky, out of control (at least out of our control), almost barbaric. It's much more a "John the Baptist" kind of life than it ever was a "rich young ruler" kind of life. Rather than having a false sense of being in control of life, we realize that following the Master is taking us over.

It didn't bother John that he never won the "best dressed man of the year" award and was never asked to be a guest on some cooking show to share his locust and honey recipe. But when it was a question of speaking out, he never drew back. And it cost him.

And it's going to cost us as well. It's going to take more than trying to sound convincing from pulpits where the faithless are never present. It's going to mean getting in people's faces and into their lives like John the Baptist did. And it's going to cost us.

I long to see people involved in changing the course of history in Europe as people are confronted with the living Christ. I hope the Fast Food Fast will put prayers and funding in that direction. But if I'm going to be part of the revolution, the change has got to start with a decision to unleash the untamed faith within me.

Durand

0 Responses to “It's in the mail.”

Post a Comment



© 2006 Fast Food Fast Journal | Blogger Templates